Determine Your Body Type - Ectomorph, Mesomorph or Endomorph.
There are three basic body types: Endomorph, Ectomorph, and Mesomorph. Each has its own unique outer appearance and specific internal characters. It means their response to the same training and nutrition is slightly different.
The Three Body Types:
1. Ectomorph: The skinny guys who are hard gainers in terms of muscle building come into this category. He can lift weights and workout for weeks only to achieve minimal gains.
Typically an ectomorph has a small body frame, skinny shoulders, flat chest and fast metabolism. Those are the people who can eat anything they want without bothering about getting fat and flabby.
It will be a huge disappointment for the guys of this category to thinks that the normal muscle gaining workouts will work for them.
In order to achieve your muscle building goals, you have to understand body nuances. Focusing only on lifting weights will not work for you. Along with proper workout sessions you have to make sure you are getting enough calories. Also, you have to give ample time to your muscles to recover between training sessions and avoid cardio as much as you can.
2. Endomorph: Endomorphs are natural athletes. They have larger-framed, rectangular-shaped body with well-defined, stronger muscles. A look at them and you’ll feel like putting on muscle mass is really effortless.
Well, that not the case entirely, but some of them really doesn’t have to train hard to gain muscles. The truth is endomorphs tend to gain muscle mass more easily than ectomorphs. On the downside – endomorphs also tend to gain fat more quickly than ectomorphs. So, they have to be really careful about their eating habits otherwise they can go from ‘athlete’ to ‘dumpy’ in no time. And all of their bodybuilding efforts can easily go down the drain.
Therefore, it is highly recommended for most endomorphs to continue their ongoing weight training regime and incorporate cardio into it. This will help them to keep off fat.
3. Mesomorph: This is the third body type. Guys fall into this category tend to be shorter (not necessarily) but have chunky arms and legs. These guys are naturally strong especially their legs. Guys of this category are able to put on muscles relatively easier than the other two categories. Generally, Power-lifters and bodybuilders are Mesomorphs.
Unlike ectomorphs, the metabolic rate of mesomorphs is a lot slower which implies that they are able to put on fat more easily.
If you are a mesomorph, in order to achieve a lean physique, you have to mix plenty of cardio in your training routine along with lifting.
A Combination of Body Types:
The above-mentioned body types aren’t etched in concrete. If you go through them and still feel that you are not perfectly fit into any of the above categories, then don’t worry. Majority of us has the mixture of two body types. The combinations are either ectomorph/mesomorph or mesomorph/endomorph.
It is common to find a pure mesomorph that gains weight like an endomorph. From the above information, try to find your body type and optimize your training and diet to achieve your goals.
Don’t focus on fitting into any one particular category. The important things are:
1) How easily you can gain fat and where the fat does accumulate and
2) The level of difficulty in putting muscles.
If you know those two things you can modify your calorie intake and exercise regimen to achieve your goals faster.
Despite your body type, it is important for you not to blame anything on genetics. You are not obliged to stick to a particular appearance because of your body type.
Armed with required knowledge and tactics for your particular body type, you can accomplish your bodybuilding goals, whatever they are.
Most importantly, THE BLUEPRINT DIET has been proven to give the best responses and results no matter what body type you are. The best results have been combining this diet with periodic water fasting and intermittent feeding.